London Beer Week is BACK 22-28th February so get a wristband and get ready for a week of beer exploration around London’s best beer bars and breweries. Your key to the city, a £10 wristband gets you access to the self-guided Beer Tours, that’s £3 speciality beers and £5 boilermakers (AKA a beer and a shot) in more than 100 of the best beer bars and breweries in London all week long.
Wristbands are available to pick up from the Sharp’s Brewery London Beer Week Hub, where you’ll be given a free beer flight to enjoy before heading on to visit an array of other pop-up bars around the Old Truman Brewery, curated to showcase the best of the festival and to get you ready for a week of beer-filled fun all over town.
Here’s our pick of the more unusual beers you can drink during London Beer Week for just £3 with your wristband.
- Oatmeal Cookie Stout: A rich, chocolatey brew with roasted nuts and caramel created by Brew by Numbers especially for #LBW16.
Available at Hawksmoor Spitalfields Bar – 157b Commercial Street, EC1 6BJ
- Chilli Oyster Stout: A tasty collaboration between Well & Bucket pub and brewers Anspach & Hobday especially for #LBW16.
Available at the Well & Bucket – 143 Bethnal Green Road, E2 7DG
- Island Records Session IPA: A laid back, session-strength IPA bursting with juicy hop aromas and flavours of citrus & tropical fruits. Upgrade to a boilermaker with Bulleit Bourbon for £5.
Available at The Gunmakers – 13 Eyre Street Hill, EC1R 5ET
- Beartooth American Brown Ale: A smokey, chocolatey brown ale with caramel sweetness and almond nuttiness. Upgrade to a boilermaker with Becherovka Czech liqueur for £5.
Available at Foxlow – 71-73 Stoke Newington Church Street, N16 0AS.
- DrinkUp.London Session IPA: Tropical fruited scents, with a hint of brown sugar and a dry fresh finish. Created by Melissa Cole and 40ft at Cotswold Brewing Co especially for #LBW16.
Available at The DrinkUp.London Boilermaker Bar, The Old Truman Brewery, E1 6QL
- Hackney Hopster: A Pacific pale ale, light bodied, refreshing with citrus fruit flavours.
Available at London Fields Taproom – 365-366 Warburton Street, E8 3RR
- LBW Tropical Hopjuice: Rich exotic tropical flavours to taste, an incredibly light and refreshing brew. Created by Durham Atkinson of Hops and Glory especially for #LBW16.
Available at The DrinkUp.London Boilermaker Bar (Saturday only), The Old Truman Brewery, E1 6QL
- Siren Broken Dream Nitro Breakfast Stout: Milk Coffee infused Stout poured on a Nitro line to get a perfectly creamy texture.
Available at The Other Room, 60 Tower Bridge Road, SE1 5TR
- Rubia Pilsener (Gaucho’s own beer): A light, crisp and refreshing German pilsener with fine bubbles. Upgrade to a Boilermaker with Woodford Reserve bourbon.
Available at Gaucho, 5 Finsbury Avenue, EC2M 2PG
- Mizzen Stout: A dark, strong stout with hints of chocolate, coffee and malt sweetness. Brewed by Sharp’s Brewery’s 2015 Brewing Adventure Winner, Dylan Jones especially for #LBW16.
Available at the Sharp’s Brewery London Beer Week Hub, Ely’s Yard, The Old Truman Brewery, E1 6QL
OR why not try a “hoptail”? £5 for wristband wearers.
Kernow Gigglemug: Sharp’s Chalky’s Bite, gin, roasted fennel seed syrup, citrus and caramelized kosovar juniper foam. Complex and fresh.
Available at Worship Street Whistling Shop – 63 Worship Street, EC2A 2DU
M-ale Tai: A traditional Tiki rework made using Brewdog Punk IPA and Scotch. Punchy and reviving.
Available at Craft Cocktail Company – Arch 253, Paradise Row, E2 9LE
Peroni Sour: Peroni Nastro Azzurro, calvados, lemon juice and bergamot reduction. Autumnal, elegant flavours.
Available at Union Street Cafe – 47-51 Great Suffolk St, SE1 0BS
The Tank Old Fashioned: Pilsner Tank Beer, Woodford Reserve Bourbon, beer sugar and orange bitters. Rich and aromatic.
Available at The Duck and Rice – 90 Berwick St, W1F 0QB
Apri-Hop Sour: Bulleit bourbon, lemon juice, apricot liqueur, Hop House 13 Lager. Smooth and warming.
Available at Hop House 13 LDN (LBW pop-up) – 7 Dray Walk, Old Truman Brewery, E1 6QL
Huggalicious: A specially created hoptail made using Big Hug ale, tequila, lime juice and agave syrup.
Available at all London Cocktail Club venues
londonbeerweek.com | @DrinkUpLDN