Rare Charity is founded by Henrietta Lovell, of Rare Tea Company, to create a social change in Malawi by reinvesting a percentage of the revenue from Rare Tea Sales into the young people connected to the Satemwa tea Estate. The charity aims to rebalance the relationship between producers and consumers and build long-term education opportunities for young people.
Collaborating with Rare Tea Company’s hospitality partners, some incredible experiences have been donated to bid for. From learning to cook with the Head Chef at Noma, baking the best sourdough with Richard Hart at Tartine Bakery San Francisco to kitting yourself out with new threads from the legendary tailor Timothy Everest.
- Prize One: Noma, 108 and Axel Hotel Guldsmeden, Copenhagen – a day cooking with chefs at Noma preparing the “family” staff meal; dinner for two at their sister restaurant 108 and a night at Axel Hotel Guldsmeden with a very good breakfast.
- Prize Two: Tartine Bakery, San Francisco – two very lucky winners will be the guest of Richard Tartine, Head Baker at Tartine San Francisco spending the day with him learning how to make the best bread in the world.
- Prize Three: Claridge’s London – Enjoy a masterclass for two with their Executive Head Chef Martyn Nail and Rare Tea company Founder Henrietta Lovell- learning how to cook, infuse and prepare the ultimate afternoon tea.
- Prize Four: Timothy Everest – Together with Timothy Everest one winner will select any a jacket from his new tailored casual line, made to order, and produced locally in any cloth selected in-store and the rest of the outfit around it.
- Prize Five: The Perfume Society, London – Josephine Fairley has offered a personalised perfume consultation and tour of the International Flavours and Fragrances research centre.
- Prize Six: Symmetry Breakfast, London – Breakfast for 4 cooked by Instagram sensation SymmetryBreakfast and Tea Lady Henrietta Lovell.
Bids can be made on any of the prizes listed by going to Rare Charity’s website www.rarecharity.com – but hurry – you only have until the 20th November to make your bid!!