On the 18th and 19th of August street food trailblazers, KERB, take over the King’s Cross Canopy with their ‘Ultimate Vegan Rumble’: eight KERB-picked traders, cooking up London’s most indulgent vegan dishes to battle it out for KERB’s golden carrot.
All this vegan talent spurting up on London’s streets, bending minds, cracking carnivores, shifting perceptions. KERB have rafted together 8 of the best vegan wizards out there to conjure up two days straight of vegan indulgence for everyone to delve into – vegans, veggies and meat lovers alike.
Not a mung bean or buddha bowl in sight, this one’s luring all Londoners in with deep fried buffalo wings, chocolate brownie mud pies, red Thai curry pots, Venezuelan chip buttie arepas, Tandoori naans and Afro tacos but not as you know them. Enter the ‘Rumble’, eat them all, vote for the winner and live on the (v)edge.
Expect flavour explosions from KERB’s best, alongside brand new guest traders. Featuring: Bucket List reigning champions Petare, new inKERBator Biff’s Jack Shack, and vegan fast food fried chicken-shop pioneers, Temple of Seitan.
COMPETING FOR KERB’s GOLDEN CARROT
- Biff’s Jack Shack – double fried jackfruit buffalo wings speared on sugar cane bone with maple bourbon hot sauce and blue cheese served with toasted almond kale slaw and a fresh seared peach
- Petare (Bucket List reigning champ!) – Venezuelan ‘chip butty’ – an arepa stuffed with cassava chips, sweet fried plantain, feta, avocado and garlic sauce
- Lem Lem Kitchen – Timtimo split pea afro-taco, served on injera with a red cabbage and ginger slaw, and pickled chillies and seeds
- Eat Chay – Korean BBQ Bahn Mi baguette filled with crispy seitan, mushroom walnut pate, pickled carrots, parsnips and sriracha mayo
- Spice Box – charred makhani-smothered tandoori cauli steak with coriander chutney and homemade pickles on a grilled naan
- Temple of Seitan – fried ‘chicken’ slider in an agave mustard glaze
- Greedy Khao -Thai red curry with tofu and butternut squash pillows on soy sesame slaw and hom mali rice
- Young Vegans – chocolate peanut butter mud pie brownies
KERB Bar, cocktail bar and beer bar, serving up special guest tap vegan quenchers
KERB resident DJ’s carrying the party on ’til late.
Mr Potato Head’s vegetable decorating corner, plus surprise
- Every ticket holder will receive EIGHT portions – one dish from every trader, and a free cocktail on entry. Early Birds start at £25. (3 sessions available: Friday evening / Saturday afternoon / Saturday evening).
- Every ticket holder votes for their favourite at the Livin’ on the Veg Wall of Fame
- Extra portions can be bought throughout the event.
- Kids under 12 can enter for free during the Saturday lunch session, but does not include food.
TICKETS are available: HERE