Say Halloum-mi! to a new halloumi themed restaurant! For one week only this November, the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO) is launching a pop-up restaurant to showcase their national cheese, halloumi! Diners can expect to enjoy halloumi in every dish, including halloumi ice cream!
Located at 100 Hoxton, the restaurant will open for one week only on Monday 13th November. Expect the following cheesy treats:
- Halloumi and cauliflower fritters with a lime pickle yoghurt (£6)
- A fresh grilled courgette and halloumi salad with fennel, pine nuts, harissa, honey & lemon (£7)
- A chargrilled halloumi flatbread with butternut & dukkah spices (£6)
- Crumbed halloumi fingers with a tomato chilli jam (£6)
- & to finish off, the best halloumi ice cream (£5) you will ever taste!
There will also be two Cypriot inspired cocktails by Mixologist Chad Canning formerly of Nopi: a harissa Bloody Mary or a Cilantro & Ginger Martini.
Order dishes individually or opt for the full tasting experience with every item on a sharing platter for two people, priced at £26 – we know what we’ll be going for.
Dragon Den’s (& proud Cypriot!) Theo Paphitis said: ‘Cyprus and its food are true passions of mine and the pop up restaurant will bring the delicious Cypriot cheese, halloumi, to every dish on the menu…even the dessert! I’m sure many other people will fall in love with the Cypriot national cheese once they’ve tried it – and perhaps even visit Cyprus to discover the rest of the island’s delicious cuisine and wine’.
Diners will be able to book for dinner from Monday to Friday 5-10pm, plus brunch on Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm, before it disappears on 19th November.
THIS RESTAURANT HAS NOW CLOSED.