This week Time Out gathered together the very best faces from the London Bar scene (and us!) and announced the winners of its inaugural London Bar awards, following an awards party at Rumpus Room.
The winners list was dominated by East London bars, including Original Sin in Stoke Newington which was awarded Best New Bar, Satan’s Whiskers in Bethnal Green which took home the Hippest Bar Award and White Lyan in Hoxton that won Most Creative Bar.
Hotel bars were another big winner, taking four of the seven awards. Having been nominated in four categories, the newly opened Punch Room at the London Edition took home two awards, winning both Bar of the Year and Most Stylish Bar, while Dandelyan were awarded Best Bar Team and Connaught Bar was named classiest bar.
The winners, picked by Time Out London’s Food and Drink Editors, were chosen from a list of nominees compiled by an exclusive panel of bar experts including Hannah Sharman-Cox, Founder of DrinkUp.London and former Head Bartender at The Artesian, Alex Kratena.
The full list of Time Out London Bar Awards 2016 winners are:
- Bar of the Year – Punch Room at the London Edition
- Best New Bar – Original Sin
- Best Bar Team – Dandelyan
- Most Stylish Bar – Punch Room at the London Edition
- Hippest Bar – Satan’s Whiskers
- Most Creative Bar – White Lyan
- Classiest Bar – Connaught Bar
The full list of Time Out London Bar Awards 2016 runners up are:
- Best New Bar– The Gibson
- Classiest Bar (sponsored by Gin Mare)– Dukes Bar
- Hippest Bar– Frank’s Cafe
- Most Creative Bar (sponsored by Matugga Rum)– 69 Colebrooke Row
- Most Stylish Bar– Oriole
- Best Bartender/ Bar Team– The Cocktail Trading Company
- Bar of the Year (Presented by Woodford Reserve)– Connaught Bar
Huge congrats to you all!