Australian craft brewed ginger beer, Bundaberg, has partnered with cult London bar Grind to create London’s hippest cocktail of the summer.
At a recent mixology class hosted at London Grind, some lucky guests were shown how to prepare this epic London Mule; a heady mix of fresh apple, bourbon and maple syrup, topped with refreshing Bundaberg Ginger Beer. We’ve got the recipe for you, below, so you can hone your muddling skills at home and be the don of the bbq this summer!
(or if you’re too lazy then leave it to the pro’s as this craft cocktail will be available at both the London Grind and Shoreditch Grind)
· 1/4 fresh apple cubed (red delicious)
· 20ml maple syrup
· 25ml fresh lime
· 50ml bourbon
· 3 dashes of angostura bitters
· Bundaberg ginger beer
· Two cubes of candied ginger
1. Muddle the fresh apple, candied ginger and maple syrup
2. Add the bourbon, lime juice and angostura bitters and shake
3. Strain into a short glass and top with Bundaberg Ginger Beer
4. Garnish with candied ginger and fresh apple fan
5. Enjoy your drink!