It’s now been proven that coconut oil isn’t quite as good for us as we first thought!
Crammed full of saturated fats, unless you’re on the Victoria Secret Angel diet and fitness program, coconut oil is only going to create fat cells in your body and NO ONE wants that. Macadamia Nut Oil on the other hand is full of monounsaturated fat, which in layman’s terms is the good fat that helps to reduce the size of fat cells in the body! Hello slender summer figure!
SO, with the sun shining, what better day to whip up this sunny salad from This Is Good Macadamia Nut Oil…
THIS IS GOOD ORANGE, HALLOUMI, SUNFLOWER SEED AND QUINOA SALAD
Rich in Vitamin E, this is a salad full of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that protects cells from damage, protects skin from free radicals and prevents the signs of aging. A fruity, herby salad that is perfect served alongside a summer barbeque, or on its own as a light and healthy lunch.
- 150g Quinoa
- 300ml Water or Veg Stock
- 4 Oranges
- 20ml Macadamia Nut Oil
- 1 pack of Halloumi
- Handful of Parsley
- Rinse the quinoa
- Boil water and when ready, add 150g quinoa. Bring the water to boil again, then cover and turn down the heat for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the parsley, zest and cut up oranges roughly
- Slice and fry the halloumi in a couple of drops of This Is Good Macadamia Nut Oil. Put to one side
- Drain the quinoa
- Add the orange, parsley, sunflower seeds and remaining This Is Good Macadamia Nut Oil to the quinoa and gentle toss
- Place halloumi on top, drizzle with a little This Is Good Macadamia Nut Oil, eat and enjoy!
Images shot by Chloe Ride.