A simple seasonal fish recipe for March from Emily Scott…
In Season in March: Lemon Sole | Serves 2
Try this simple, delicious recipe from Emily Scott, seafood chef and proprietor of The St Tudy Inn, North Cornwall.
4 fillets of lemon sole (about 150g each), skin on
Cornish sea salt
1 lemon zest and juice
1 handful of flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
½ garlic clove finely chopped
Good olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Check the fish for small bones and use tweezers to pull out any that you find. Always talk to your fishmonger, they are experts and will prepare the fish for you. Fish cookery is so exciting.
1. Place the sole fillets skin down on baking parchment, drizzle with olive oil and season with a little salt.
2. Bake the sole for 4-5 minutes until cooked; allow to rest for a few minutes.
3. Stir the finely chopped parsley, lemon rind, juice, garlic into a little olive oil. Taste and consider the balance of flavours.
4. Place the sole fillets onto a warm plate and drizzle the herb dressing over the fish. Decorate with watercress. I love using edible flowers in my cooking, a viola finishes off this dish beautifully.
Photo credit: The Head the Tail