As we start to down tools and get excited for the big day, we’re reflecting on some great meals we’ve had this year.
One of which was during London Cocktail Week with The Botanist. We tucked into Venison Ragu with Cocoa Pappardelle and washed it all down with rounds of Islay Martinis.
We’ll be recreating this in the in-between bit of Christmas & New Year to give us a much needed break from turkey and realight our taste buds…
- Dice veg.
- Salt venison haunch and grill.
- Sweat the veg, add red wine and reduce. Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Add venison to stock and braise for 4 to 5 hours in low oven.
- When meat is ready and can be pulled from bone, shred meat and reduce liquid.
- Check seasoning and finish with sherry vinegar.
1240g ‘00’ flour
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
360g egg yolk
- Mix dry ingredients and add yolks and eggs and knead until soft
- Roll pasta through machine to 1 mm thickness and cut to 1cm ribbons
50ml Botanist Gin
5ml Dulce Infused Dry Vermouth
2.5ml Port Charlotte Whisky
Garnish: Sea Aster
- Stir in mixing glass over cubed ice, strain and garnish.