Queen of Hoxton’s year-round rooftop is to be transformed into Smokin’ Graciela’s Rooftop Bar from May through to September, paying homage to the infamous cigar-smoking Cuban diva, 80-year old Graciela.
Trapped in a time warp, Graciela oozes Cuban charm, ideal for Queen of Hoxton’s latest incarnation embodying Havana’s faded glamour. Suspended in the ‘50s, the rich culture and colours of Cuba feature throughout the rooftop, immersing you into a world of rum, romance and relaxation, prying you away from London’s chaos into a small corner of vibrant Havana. While away the hours playing Cuba’s favourite pastime dominoes, listen out for Cuban storytellers, or simply grab some shade on a balmy summer’s night.
Homemade soberts blended with sugar, lime and Bacardi Rum
- Mint & lime
- Mango & paprika
Straight up Daiquiri’s
- Caipirissima: Muddled whole lime, sugar, Bacardi rum
- Hemingway Daiquiri: Bacardi rum, fresh grapefruit juice, fresh lime juice, maraschino liqueur
- Malt and caramel dolce de leche: Milk, caramel, malt based ice cubes, rum and crushed ice
- Dolce de leche vanilla: Milk, condensed milk cooked with vanilla, rum and crushed ice
- Guava and papaya dolce de leche: Milk, guava and papaya based ice cubes, rum and crushed ice
Coffee & milk menu
- Traditional Cuban iced coffee with the option of ice cube infusion – such as chocolate with hint of banana splash of tobacco bitters, coconut with vanilla infused condensed milk, cinnamon, sugar and rum
- Cuban iced chocolate frappe
- Cubanos (cuban sandwich): choice of ham or slow roasted pork, swiss cheese, american mustard & pickled cucumber
- Meat option: Ropa Vieja (shredded beef), slow roasted pork, pollo frito a la criolle (creole fried chicken) or pincho de gambas y mango (prawn, mango & pepper skewers)
- Veg option: sweet potato, plantain & chickpea falafel with chipotle & lime yoghurt
*all served with moros y christianos (rice & black beans), cuban slaw and plantain
Activities and workshops
Keep your eyes peeled for sunshine socials and workshops including cigar & rum pairings, domino nights, craft workshops with artists Zack McLaughlin and Nicole Line, monthly tie dying classes and Cuban cocktail masterclasses. From June to August, London’s much-loved Rooftop Film Club is back for its 5th year at Queen of Hoxton – full details revealed April 1st.