Ryvita have teamed with top food and flavour scientist and chef Dr Rachel Edwards-Stuart (who’s PHD was sponsored by Heston Blumenthal – nuff said) to develop twelve incredible toppings recipes for Ryvita Crispbreads using a ‘flavour pairing hypothesis’, which uses scientific techniques to match ingredients together.
It works by first finding the dominant flavour and aroma compounds for each variety of Ryvita Crispbread before matching it with fresh ingredients that have the exact same aroma and flavour profile. For instance, to create the Creamy Brie & Cocoa topping for Ryvita Sweet Onion Crispbread, research was conducted on baked onion, which has a dominant aroma compound called dimethyltrisulfide. This is also found in cocoa, honey, garlic, brie and mushrooms!
Fancy getting creative, check out these surprising combo’s….
CREAMY BRIE & COCOA
- Prep 15 mins
- RYVITA® Sweet Onion Crispbread
- 150g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- Knob of butter
- 1 clove of garlic, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa
- Several slices of brie per crispbread
Cook the chopped mushrooms in a pan on a medium heat with a knob of butter and 1 crushed clove of garlic until soft. Once cooked mix in the mushrooms, honey and cocoa.
Place a couple of brie slices on your Sweet Onion Crispbread and top with the mushroom mix. Sprinkle on the chopped parsley and prepare for a surprising taste sensation!
THE S.A.M (STRAWBERRY, AVOCADO & MOZZARELLA)
Prep 5 mins
- RYVITA® Cracked Black Pepper Crispbread
- 100g strawberry, chopped into small cubes
- Half an avocado, diced
- 1 standard sized mozzarella ball, cut into small pieces
- A small handful of basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Zest of half a lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- A drizzle of balsamic vinegar glaze
Dice the strawberries, avocado and mozzarella and mix with the lime zest and juice. Load the mixture onto your Cracked Black Pepper Crispbread. Tear your basil leaves and sprinkle on top. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar glaze and enjoy!
SESAME & GINGER SALMON
Prep 10 mins
- RYVITA® Original Crispbread
- 100g of smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- 25g of sesame seeds
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 1 small piece of ginger (roughly 2cm), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- Half a teaspoon of sugar
- Half a clove of garlic, finely chopped
Mix together the sesame seeds, soy sauce, chopped ginger, sesame oil, sugar and garlic. Add the salmon to your mixture and leave to marinade for a few minutes. Load the marinated salmon onto your Original Crispbread and spinkle the spring onion on top.
To make your lunch less ordinary today, visit https://www.ryvita.co.uk/recipes for all twelve of Dr. Rachel’s recipes.