Everyone knows that the holiday truly starts as soon as you enter the airport. So we were thrilled to try out British Airways brand new business class lounge at Gatwick’s South Terminal on our recent trip to Peru.
We’ll share all the details of our experience in the lounge as soon as we get back from our trip (who wants to lug a laptop around the Andes?) but in the meantime, this is what we’ve been told to look forward to…..
- To start with, the new premium check in area has been designed with the same look and feel as Heathrow Terminal 5 and JFK. The area features a bespoke stainless steel feature wall that graduates from gold to silver to create privacy. Fancy.
- They’ll be leather bench seating areas with all-important power supplies (with UK, US, EU and USB ports) everywhere!
- Super speedy Wi-Fi
- Sweeping views of the runway through floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Feature WINE WALLS (guess where we’ll be hanging out!)
- Art work from Sir Terry Frost, Turner Prize-winning painter Chris Ofili and John Hoyland, member of the Royal Academy and one of the country’s leading abstract painters
- Furniture created by UK manufacturers Boss, using Scottish leather by Andrew Muirhead and classic fabric by Osborne & Little, while British lighting designers Tom Dixon and Elstead Lighting have created bespoke copper ceiling pendants and table lamps
- Shower suites with Elemis product.
- BOTH hot and cold self-serve buffets, complemented by a full spirits bar, champagne, wines, beers, as well as coffees, teas and other soft drinks. First customers even get table service if they want it.
- And even the little ones are catered for with table football and Xbox games.
If you can’t wait until we’re back for the full low down – head over to Instagram to see our own photos of the experience!