Because it’s so damn hot outside and we can’t think of anything we want to drink more….. here’s our guide to the ultimate Aperol Spritz.
APEROL SPRITZ – The Perfect Serve 3-2-1
What you need –
- A bottle of chilled Prosecco
- A bottle of Aperol
- Soda, served from a syphon or chilled bottle
- Tall balloon or wine glasses
- Ice cubes
- Slices of orange
How to make the perfect serve –
- Fill the glasses generously with cubed ice
- First pour 3 Parts of Prosecco (75ml) over the ice
- Then, pour 2Parts Aperol (50ml) into each glass in a circular movement
- Finish with a dash of Soda (25ml)
- Garnish with a slice of orange.
Made with 3 Parts Prosecco (75ml), 2 Parts Aperol (50ml) and 1 Part soda, it is a simple serve that can be enjoyed on its own, or complemented with appetizers (‘Chicchetti’ in its native Italian tongue) such as stuffed olives, sun-blushed tomatoes, focaccia bread and parma ham. Cheers!